Cancer Treatment Options
When choosing a cancer specialist, turn to the nationally ranked doctors at Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Our nationally renowned doctors provide the most advanced cancer treatment options tailored to your needs.
Accurate Cancer Diagnosis
- Treatment is based on your cancer diagnosis.
- Before treatment begins, experienced pathologists at Fox Chase Cancer Center ensure an accurate cancer diagnosis and staging. This results in the most appropriate treatment for each patient.
- Our pathologists, who evaluate tissues and cells, specialize in all types of cancer diagnosis.
- Preparing for a Biopsy
- Read more on Diagnostic Imaging
More experience means better results for our patients.
Our multispecialty team of experienced radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and surgeons work closely with other members of your treatment team, including nurses, pathologists, radiologists and pain management specialists to maximize the effectiveness of your treatment plan.
Medical Oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Fox Chase's team of internationally-recognized medical oncologists offers more treatment options including targeted therapies and novel treatments. Our physicians design innovative, improved cancer treatments and offer the newest investigational therapies available in the world.
Read more on Medical Oncology »
Radiation Therapy at Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Fox Chase Cancer Center radiation oncologists have revolutionized the use of radiation therapy which includes the most sophisticated treatment planning to tailor your treatment. Our outcomes prove patients benefit from our experience.
- Fox Chase physicians led the world in developing IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) and are among the most experienced in treating patients with this sophisticated technology.
- New advances in brachytherapy such as real-time intraoperative planning mean our patients receive seed implants on the cutting-edge. Using stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy, we treat cancers with sub-millimeter precision.
Read more about Radiation Oncology »
Surgery at Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Some cancers require more complex surgery. At Fox Chase Cancer Center, our highly skilled surgeons treat more difficult cancers every day.
- Fox Chase Cancer Center surgeons have extensive experience using minimally-invasive techniques when appropriate to improve outcomes, speed recovery and reduce side effects.
Read more about Surgical Oncology »
Bone Marrow Transplantation at Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Doctors at Fox Chase Cancer Center and Temple University Hospital offer patients a full range of options for bone marrow transplantation (BMT). This is done through the Fox Chase Temple Bone Marrow Transplant Program.
- BMT treatment options include autologous (self), allogeneic (family donor) and unrelated allogeneic (unrelated donor) bone marrow and blood stem cell transplants for most hematologic cancers, aplastic anemia, amyloidosis and selected solid tumors. Hematologic cancers include leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
- Clinical trials, including one-of-a-kind studies done only at the Fox Chase-Temple facility, give patients more options for the most advanced treatment.
Cancer Clinical Trials
Our nationally ranked doctors are experts in clinical research and design. Staying at the forefront of cancer treatment means we develop innovative strategies that give us new insights about cancer. For you, being at the forefront of cancer care means access to these promising treatments and expert knowledge.
Read more about current Clinical trials »
Topics in This Section
See the video (8 min 29 sec)
The first radiosurgery system designed to target tumors that cannot be removed surgically, with sub-millimeter accuracy.
Read more »
Find a Clinical Trial
Benefit from new cancer treatments
Read more »
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
is to help you recover
normal physical functions
to your everyday activities
at home and at work.
More about Rehabilitation»