Radiation Oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center
The CyberKnife at the
Fox Chase Cancer Center at Buckingham
Our Doctors Are Recognized as International Leaders for Developing the Most Advanced Treatment Technologies
Fox Chase has one of the country's largest,
most experienced programs
in radiation oncology.
Fox Chase radiation oncologists utilize the most sophisticated treatment planning to provide tailored radiation therapy. Our outcomes prove patients benefit from our extensive experience.
- Fox Chase physicians have one of the largest experiences in the country treating with intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and are developing the image-guided radiation therapies of the future.
- Advances in brachytherapy such as real-time intraoperative planning mean our patients receive the most precise prostate implants, either permanent low-dose-rate or temporary high-dose-rate.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy permits sub-millimeter precision for brain and lung cancers.
- Our radiation oncologists are nationally and internationally known experts in prostate, breast, lung and gastrointestinal cancers. Other major treatment interests include central nervous system, head and neck, gynecologic cancers and sarcomas.
Team Approach Results in Tailored Treatment
We offer treatment with radiation alone, as part of a multidisciplinary regimen or through clinical trials to determine the most effective approaches for specific cancers. Fox Chase uses sophisticated imaging tools during treatment planning and daily treatment sessions to target the cancer better and spare any healthy surrounding tissue undue exposure to radiation.
Developing New Treatments
Because of our outstanding reputation as a leader in cancer therapy, we frequently work with the world's foremost makers of medical equipment to test prototypes and develop the best applications—long before they are available elsewhere.
Advanced Treatment Planning for Effective Treatment
Fox Chase was first in the region to offer these advanced planning tools for the most targeted radiation therapy:
- Calypso® 4-D Localization System
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Trilogy® Stereotactic System
- 4-D CT Treatment Simulator
For more information about radiation oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center or to make an appointment, call 1-888-FOX CHASE (1-888-369-2427).
Topics in This Section
See the video (8 min 29 sec)
American College of Radiology
The Department of Radiation Oncology main campus, Buckingham and the KOP-AUA facility have all received accreditation from the American College of Radiology.
Read more »
Patient Referral Resources
More information for Patients to help reach our Doctors
Read more »
Find a Clinical Trial
Benefit from new cancer treatments
Read more »
Residency and Fellowship Training Program
Eight residency positions (two per academic year) for a four-year training program.
Learn more »