FCCC Program Consulting
Share the Fox Chase team's experience.
Read more »
A Century of Excellence
Discover the history of one of the nation's first cancer hospitals.
Read more »
Bonnie J. Miller, RN, BSN, OCN, FAAMA
Administrative Director Women's Cancer Center
Service Line Administrator Breast and GYN ONC Service Lines
Coordinator of Clinical Nurse Navigation
Bonnie is currently the Administrative Director of the Women's Cancer Center at Fox Chase Cancer Center. Roles and responsibilities include: Program development, strategic planning, quality improvement/evaluation, budget, policy/procedure development, navigation, survivorship related to breast and gynecological patient population. She also serves as the Administrator for the Breast and GYN Oncology Service Lines and oversees the Clinical Nurse Navigator Program at the center.
RN, Abington Hospital School of Nursing, Abington, Pa
BSN, (Summa Cum Laude) Immaculata University, Immaculata, Pa
American Academy of Medical Administrators
American College of Oncology Administrators
- Education Chari 2008-2011
- President 2012-2014
Oncology Nursing Society: Special Interest Group member (Clinical Trials, Survivorship)
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) Board Member (Delaware Valley Chapter)
Pennsylvania Cancer Control Consortium (PAC3)
Academy of Oncology Nurse Navigators (AONN)
Sigma Theta Tau International/Honor Society of Nursing
Delta Epsilon Sigma Honor Society
Kappa Gamma Pi National Catholic Grad Honor Society
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), Oncology Nursing Society
FAAMA, Fellowship American Academy of Medical Administrators
American Academy of Medical Administrators: Distinguished Service Award, 2010
Special Contributor Award, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 2011
Clinical Interests/Research:Special interests include: Women's Health, Breast and GYN Oncology Cancer, Service Line Development, Disease Management Program Development, Process Improvement, Clinical research, Quality, Clinical Nurse Navigation and Survivorship. She coordinates the clinical Nurse Navigator Program, and chairs the Navigation Steering Committee for the center. Bonnie also serves on the Survivorship Steering Committee.
- O'Grady M.A., Miller B., et al. Assessing Compliance with National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines for elderly patients with stage III colon cancer: The Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners' Initiative. Clinical Colon Cancer Journal, June 2011.
- Miller B., L. Fleisher (2011), Executive Training on Navigation & Survivorship, Faculty.
- Miller, B. et al, 2010. Oncology Update: Patient Navigation: One Size Does Not Fit All: Panel Discussion
- Miller B., L. Fleisher (2011), Patient Navigation across the Continuum, AONN Annual Conference, Plenery Session.
- Sein E., Miller B. et al. Breast Care Coordinators/Navigators Orientation Manual, 2009. : Publication made possible through Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Grant from the American Cancer Society.
- Breast Cancer 101: Clinical Trials
- Quality of Life/Survivorship for Breast Cancer Patients
- Miller B., Schwartz S. 2009. Survivorship and GY N Cancer: 18th Annual Radiation Oncology Conference for Nurses, Therapists and Dosimetrists, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Miller B., et al. Oncology Nurses as Key Stakeholders in Development and Implementation of State Cancer Cotnrol Plans. Podium Presentation: Evidence in Practice, Oncology Nursing Society 2008 Congress, Philadelphia, Pennylvania, May 15, 2008.
- Miller B. 2008. Oncology Update: Developing a Research Department Assessment to Improve Clinical Trial Accrual, American College of Oncology Administrators, Nashville, TN.
- O'Grady M.A., Miller B., et al. Assessing the treatment quality of elderly patients with stage III colon cancer in a large community oncology network: A Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners (FCCCP) quality initiative. Poster presentation, Ammerican Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, June 3, 2008.
- O'Grady M.A., Miller B., et al. Assessing Medical Oncology Office Practices for Quality Improvement: A Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners Initiative, Poster session, Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 24, 2007.
- O'Grady M.A., Miller B., et al. Removing barriers to clinical research in community hospitals: The Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners Experience. Poster session, American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, June 2, 2007.
- O'Grady M.A., Miller B., et al. Development and Implementation of a Medical Oncology Quality Improvement Tool for a Regional Community Oncology Network: The Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners Initiative, Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Vol. 5, Pgs. 875-882. October 2007.