Board of Associates
What is the Board of Associates?
The Board of Associates is a long standing group of volunteers who support patient care and cancer research at Fox Chase Cancer Center. Since 1965, the Board has grown to include six member organizations, which raise money for research and patient care through special projects and events. Over the years, they have raised more than $16 million dollars.
Volunteers are invited to join one of six member organizations made up of 800 volunteers who reside in the five-county area of the Delaware Valley.
- Bucks County Chapter
- Fox Chase Chapter
- Friends of the Hospital of Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Jimbo's Squad
- Marlyn R. Fein Chapter
- The Trading Post
For more information or to join a chapter of the Board of Associates, please contact us. Call the Board of Associates Office for further assistance at 215-728-2441.
- Fox Chase Chapter - Annual Fall Golf Tournament
September 20, 2013
Sandy Run Country Club, Oreland, PA
The Fox Chase Chapter, established in 1948, is the oldest of six member chapters of the Board of Associates and is celebrating their 65th anniversary this year. Their Annual Fall Golf Tournament is their major fundraising activity with contributions being their primary source of income. This year they are celebrating their 45th annual outing which will be held on Monday,September 20, 2013, at the Sandy Run Country Club in Oreland, PA. For more information contact the Board of Associates Office at 215-728-2441.
- Marlyn R. Fein – Matilda on Broadway
Sunday, November 17
Matilda – winner of a record-breaking seven Olivier Awards, including Best Musical. Matilda is more than a show, it’s a phenomenon. Adapted from the popular 1988 beloved children’s novel by Roald Dahl, Matilda is the story of an extraordinarily intelligent girl, with extraordinary powers who rebels against her nasty parents and the child-hating headmistress of her boarding school, and who dares to take a stand and change her destiny . A must-see for all ages!
The price of tickets for both outings is $160.00; includes orchestra seat and bus to and from New York. Please contact Harriett Kauffman at 215-969-8366 for your reservation. Please note that a deposit of $50.00 is due for each reserved ticket, and payment in full November 1, 2013.
What Do Board of Associate Volunteers Do?
Our wonderful volunteers join together to do many things, including:
- Raise money for research and patient care through special projects and fundraising events. These include our signature events: Paws for the Cause, a dog walk, held in October and A Night in Monte Carlo in the Spring which features casino games, food and drink and a fabulous silent auction. Our chapters organize gala's, craft bazaars, art shows, Broadway show trips, bingo, fashion shows, golf tournaments, cruise trips, seasonal gift wrapping and the Trading Post thrift shop in Paoli, PA.
- Offer the opportunity to make memorial and honor gifts in support of Fox Chase's cancer programs.
- Volunteer in many areas of the hospital.
- Provide educational programs to our communities.
- Conduct student and adult tours of the Fox Chase Campus.
For more information or to join a chapter of the Board of Associates, please contact us at 215-728-2441.
Topics in This Section