Board of Associates
What is the Board of Associates?
The Board of Associates is a long standing group of volunteers who support patient care and cancer research at Fox Chase Cancer Center. Since 1965, the Board has grown to include six member organizations, which raise money for research and patient care through special projects and events. Over the years, they have raised more than $16 million dollars.
Volunteers are invited to join one of six member organizations made up of 800 volunteers who reside in the five-county area of the Delaware Valley.
- Bucks County Chapter
- Fox Chase Chapter
- Friends of the Hospital of Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Jimbo's Squad
- Marlyn R. Fein Chapter
- The Trading Post
For more information or to join a chapter of the Board of Associates, please contact us. Call the Board of Associates Office for further assistance at 215-728-2441.
- Fox Chase Night at the Phillies (vs Miami Marlins)
Wednesday, June 25, 2014. game begins 7:05pm
Citizens Bank Park
1 Citizens Bank Way
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Sunday, November 17 Join the Fox Chase Chapter of the Board of Associates at Fox Chase Night at the Phillies. Watch the Phillies go up against the Miami Marlins and enjoy a night out at the game with friends and family. All net proceeds from tickets sold through this event will benefit cancer research at Fox Chase. Order tickets by May 26, 2014 at www.phillies.com/FCCC using promo code "FCCC" or by contacting Scott McDade at 215-463-5000, ext. 5434.
- Myrtle Beach Get-A-Way October 6-10, 2014 4 night stay at the Patricia Grand Hotel 2710 N Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 Join the Marlyn Fein Chapter of Board of Associates of Fox Chase Cancer Center for a Myrtle Beach holiday. Transportation, accomodations, and three gala shows (including "The One" at the Alabama Theatre) all included. For information and reservations call Selma Bell at 215-860-3710. All payments are due July 25, 2014.
What Do Board of Associate Volunteers Do?
Our wonderful volunteers join together to do many things, including:
- Raise money for research and patient care through special projects and fundraising events. These include our signature events: Paws for the Cause, a dog walk, held in October and A Night in Monte Carlo in the Spring which features casino games, food and drink and a fabulous silent auction. Our chapters organize gala's, craft bazaars, art shows, Broadway show trips, bingo, fashion shows, golf tournaments, cruise trips, seasonal gift wrapping and the Trading Post thrift shop in Paoli, PA.
- Offer the opportunity to make memorial and honor gifts in support of Fox Chase's cancer programs.
- Volunteer in many areas of the hospital.
- Provide educational programs to our communities.
- Conduct student and adult tours of the Fox Chase Campus.
For more information or to join a chapter of the Board of Associates, please contact us at 215-728-2441.
Topics in This Section