Theresa Davies, Student Volunteer
Dear Prospective Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Fox Chase Cancer Center. As you know, Fox Chase is nationally recognized as a premier research and healthcare facility. Here at the Center, medical advances based on research are integrated with compassionate care to give patients every possible advantage in their battles against cancer.
Volunteering here at Fox Chase is an integral part of the care and comfort received by our patients. FCCC volunteers are also offered a unique opportunity to participate in basic science as well as behavioral science.
Please complete our volunteer application form. The application process is described in the Getting Started section of our website.
As a volunteer here at Fox Chase Cancer Center you will share your time and talents with our patients, professional staff and our guests. Fox Chase volunteers are an important part of our staff who seeks, daily, to reduce the burden of human cancer.
Thank you for your interest and support. We look forward to meeting you!
Director, Volunteer Services
Application Form [PDF]
Important Points for You to Consider
- Students 15-18 may apply for the High School Student Volunteer Program within the clinical areas.
- Students 16 and above may apply for the High School Research Placement Program.
- If you are interested in volunteering in a research setting, please read about Fox Chase Research Programs.
- The minimum requirement for volunteering is four hours a week.
- All new volunteers are required to provide documentation stating that they have received the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, and a negative TB test result that has been administered and read within the last year, or documentation noting the administration of the BCG vaccine. These tests are the responsibility of the new volunteer and not the responsibility of Volunteer Services.
It's as Easy as 1-2-3
Getting Started as a new Fox Chase volunteer is a step-by-step process designed to ensure that all volunteers are properly oriented to the Center and the Department's policies.
- Complete and return the volunteer application
- Attend the volunteer orientation program
- Attend the placement interview
- Train for your position
- The Final Step