Taking Good Care of YOU
Self-Care for Fox Chase Volunteers
You are very important to us. Here are a few tips to be aware of while you are a volunteer. Fox Chase is a high-energy institution and we want to help you prevent any burnout. Your good health is more important to us.
- Recognize that burnout does not happen over night and it may be difficult for you to pinpoint the cause.
- Listen to your body and be aware of the physical and emotional signals it is sending you.
- Be realistic with your goals for volunteering. Think about why you are volunteering and what is really important to you as a volunteer.
- Consider reducing the number of hours you are volunteering and reduce those hours if you are volunteering more than need be.
- Give yourself a special treat. You are providing excellent support to our staff and patients; so, be kind to yourself.
- Exercise will help you to have better health, a clear head and help reduce stress. Always check with your personal physician before beginning any exercise program. Use relaxation exercises...breathing slowly, getting fresh air and eating well are important to your health and well-being.
Director, Volunteer Services