The Research Laboratory of the Cancer Genome Institute is at the forefront of cancer genomics, employing state-of-the-art technology to provide comprehensive genetic sequencing services.
Investigators requiring sequencing services for research experiments can utilize the expertise of the CGI Research Laboratory, which provides a wide variety of next-generation sequencing services including but not limited to:
- Whole genome sequencing
- Whole exome sequencing
- Whole transcriptome analysis (RNA-Seq)
- High-throughput targeted resequencing
- Epigenetic analysis, including digital restriction enzyme analysis of methylation (DREAM)
The Laboratory uses the Illumina HiSeq 2000, a powerful next-generation sequencing instrument that provides high sequencing output and fast data generation. In a single run, the machine is capable of sequencing more than 5 human genomes at about 30 times coverage simultaneously, up to 192 gene expression samples, or 100 exome samples.
- 100-Bp paired end reads
- 2 billion reads per run
- 600-Gb raw sequence data per two-flowcell run
- 200-fold human genomes per run
Cancer Genetics and the Evolution of Precision Medicine
Jeff Boyd, PhD, speaks on research at Fox Chase Cancer Center. See the Video »
Our staff has expertise in all technical aspects of the aforementioned genomic services using the Illumina platform. Our Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Facility, which has a combined 125 years of experience at Fox Chase, supports the analysis of sequencing data with a 70 node high-performance computing cluster and scalable data storage.
- Whole exome sequence analysis of serous borderline tumors of the ovary
Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Jun 14. pii: S0090-8258(13)00840-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2013.06.007. [Epub ahead of print]
- CD45-deficient severe combined immunodeficiency caused by uniparental disomy
- Germline BAP1 mutations predispose to malignant mesothelioma
- Contains Cancer Genome Institute-generated data
For more information, please call 1-888-FOX-CHASE (1-888-369-2427) to make an appointment with a Fox Chase physician. Read More »
Risk Assessment at Fox Chase
Learning what you can do to lower your chances of getting cancer.
Read more »
Find a Clinical Trial
Benefit from new cancer treatments
Read more »