About the Robert C. Young, MD, Pavilion
Topics in This Section
- Related Links:
- Breast Evaluation Center
- Refer a Patient
- Strong Together:
The latest news from the Women's Cancer Center
The Facilities of the Women's Cancer Center
at the Fox Chase Cancer Center Robert C. Young, MD, Pavilion
The Center offers the best possible experience, physically and emotionally, for a woman faced with a cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our Breast Evaluation Center is within feet of diagnosis and treatment areas for gynecological cancers. Surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, and radiologists work side-by-side to create individualized comprehensive treatment plans for every patient.
An expanded capacity to serve more women every year
- 13 individual exam rooms and 1 procedure room
- 3 separate consult rooms with comfortable seating and space for families to participate in consultations
- Medical and research staff that includes nationally recognized experts in breast, ovarian, and other forms of gynecological cancers and trailblazers in the development of established cancer care treatments
- An expanded radiation oncology department makes it one of the largest academic radiation oncology programs on the East Coast.
- Imaging capabilities that include two fully digital mammography units and ultrasound equipment that makes full body scans available in one space
- Stereotactic breast biopsy, a non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure for assessing breast abnormalities
- DEXA scan to measure bone density
- A private Patient Education Center Resource Education Center (REC)
- Close proximity to surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy facilities
- The capacity to serve many more women every year
The Center also serves as a research facility, where the nation's leading researchers work to develop new technologies and protocols.