Kristin Wolcott Edwards, MD
American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology
I joined the department of diagnostic imaging at Fox Chase Cancer Center in 2007 after completing my fellowship in abdominal imaging at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. I've done all of my training in Philadelphia, so I'm thrilled to continue my career locally as part of the excellent staff at Fox Chase.
My special interests include gastrointestinal and gynecologic cancers; however, as a radiologist, I am a consultant to a wide variety of specialists. I have specialty training in performing percutaneous image-guided biopsies. The contact I have with patients during a biopsy is one of the most rewarding parts of my job. This procedure can be a stressful experience for many people. My goal is to lessen my patients' anxiety during and after the procedure while contributing to their diagnosis and treatment.
While at Fox Chase, I hope to be part of a colon cancer screening program using non-invasive CT colonography (or “virtual colonoscopy”).
Temple University School of Medicine, Phila., Pa., 1998
Diagnostic Imaging, Temple University Hospital, Phila., Pa.
Abdominal Imaging, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Phila., Pa.
Non-invasive Colon Cancer Screening;
Imaging in Cancer Research
- Kominsky H. D., Parker D. C., Gohil D., Musial R., Edwards K., and Kutikov A. Some Renal Masses Did Not ``Read the Book‘’: A Case of a High Grade Hybrid Renal Tumor Masquerading as a Renal Cyst on Non-contrast Imaging, Urology Case Reports, pp. 1–2, Sep. 2015.
- Piotrowski Z, Tomaszewski JJ, Hartman AL, Edwards K, Uzzo RG.
Renal cell carcinoma and an incidental adrenal lesion: adrenal collision tumors. Urology Mar.85(3):e17-18, 2015
- Edwards KW, Doss M, Huang M, Hayes SB, Walia R, Yu JQ: Subcutaneous gouty nodule mimicking metastatic melanoma on FDG-PET. Clinical Nuclear Medicine, 2015;40: 523–525 PMID: 25608170
- Barth P, Dulaimi Al-Saleem E, Edwards KW, Millis SZ, Wong YN, Geynisman DM: Metastatic Extramammary Paget’s Disease of Scrotum Responds Completely to Single Agent Trastuzumab in a Hemodialysis Patient: Case Report, Molecular Profiling and Brief Review of the Literature. Case Reports in Oncological Medicine, vol. 2015, Article ID 895151, 7 pages, 2015.
- Papavasiliou P, Arrangoiz R, Zhu F, Chun YS, Edwards K, Hoffman JP: The Anatomic Course of the First Jejunal Branch of the Superior Mesenteric Vein in Relation to the Superior Mesenteric Artery. International Journal of Surgical Oncology Volume 2012: Article ID 538769
- Cauchi C, Trent JC, Edwards K, Davey M, Lopez M, Yu JQ, von Mehren M: An unusual site of metastasis from gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Rare Tumors Dec 31; 2 (4): e58, 2010.