Sujana Movva, MD
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Sujana Movva, MD
- Brianna Jackson - Desmoid Tumors
American Board of Internal Medicine;
American Board of Medical Oncology
I decided to join Fox Chase Cancer Center because of the expertise in the field of sarcoma and the institution’s dedication to cancer care. I continue to be impressed by the passion toward this mission exhibited by every employee here.
Patients with sarcomas are usually otherwise healthy and young – therefore I think that it is of utmost importance to find new drugs for this disease. My interest in clinical research includes finding new agents for patients with sarcoma and melanoma and trying to figure out why certain patients respond to treatments and others don’t.
A cancer diagnosis is a life changing event. I think it is important for patients to feel confidant in the care they are receiving. I hope that my patients always feel that they are important and that the relationship allows them to maintain hope and control during this time in their life.
MD, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada, 2003
Residency in Internal Medicine, Michigan State University, Mclaren Regional Medical Center, Flint, MI, 2004-2007
Fellowship in Hematology Oncology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2007-2010
American Society of Clinical Oncology;
Connective Tissue Oncology Society
Developing clinical trials for new agents in sarcoma and melanoma
- Verschraeagen C, Movva S. Management Strategies for Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma.
Drugs. 2011;71(16):2115-29. Review.*
- Verschraegen C, Arias-Pulido H, Lee SJ, Movva S, Cerilli L, Eberhardt S, Berndt S, Quinn R, Muller C, Rabinowitz I, Purdy M, Snyder D, Bocklage T. Phase I/II study of the combination of Docetaxel, Gemcitabine and Bevacizumab in patients with advanced or recurrent soft tissue sarcoma. The Axtell Regimen. Annals of Oncology. Ann Oncol. 2011. [Epub ahead of print].*
- Diamant MJ, Harwood L, Movva S, Wilson B, Stitt L, Lindsay RM, Moist LM. A comparison of quality of life and travel-related factors between in-center and satellite based hemodialysis patients. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Neprhology. 2010; 5(2):268-74.
- Movva S, Verschraegen C, Rabinowitz I, Mangalik A, Lee FC. Phase I dose finding study of carboplatin and paclitaxel and temozolomide in advanced solid tumors. Melanoma Res. 2010[Epub ahead of print].*
- Movva S, Rodriguez L, Pulido HA, Verschraegen C. Novel chemotherapy approaches for cervical cancer. Cancer. 2009;115(14):3166-80. Review.*
- Movva S, Verschraegen C. Review: The monoclonal antibody to cytotoxic T
lymphocyte antigen 4, ipilimumab, a novel treatment strategy in cancer
management. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2009;9(2): 231-241.*
- Movva S, Noone AM, Banerjee M, Patel DA, Schwartz K, Yee CL, Simon
MS. Racial differences in cancer survival in the Detroit Metropolitan Area.
CANCER. 2008; 112(6): 1264-1271.*
- Chandana SR, Movva S, Arora M, Singh T. Diagnosis and management of
primary brain tumors. American Family Physician. 2008; 77(10): 1423-1430.*
- Movva S, Dohrenwend A, Foreback J. Conducting a sensitive testicular exam. Annals of
Behavioral Science in Medical Education. 2007; 12(2): 92-96.