- Jirong Zhang, Histotechnician
- Catherine Renner
- Center C416
- Pricing &
- Contact Catherine Renner for pricing and scheduling.
The purpose of the facility is to support all Center investigators in routine and special histological and cytological techniques. In addition, the facility also provides professional expertise in interpretative pathology when required. The services provided can be summarized as follows:
1. Preparation of tissues for histopathological or cytological evaluation which involves embedding in paraffin, preparation of tissues sections, routine staining of tissues (hematoxylin-eosin), special staining of tissue sections (PAS, trichromes, etc.) and other cytological techniques (PAP, hematological, etc.).
2. Preparation of tissues for special histological or histopathological evaluation such as embedding in plastics, frozen sections, enzyme histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization and autoradiography. Histopathological evaluation of cell or tissue preparations when requested.
3. Digital photography and image analysis.
Did You Know...
That you can store your microscopic slides at all magnifications using a microscope scanner?More
If you need experimental animal TMAs, the Biosample Repository will construct them and we will stain and analyze them for youMore