Computing and Information Facilities
The Fox Chase Cancer Center Computing and Information Facilities are a group of facilities dealing with the use of information technology and quantitative methods in support of clinical, population and basic research.
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Facility
The Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Facility is a shared institutional resource for statistical and bioinformatics consulting and related methodological research. The specific aims of the facility are to:
- Coordinate and manage biostatistics and bioinformatics activities to ensure that investigators have ready access to quantitative consultation and support.
- Provide statistical and bioinformatics expertise in the design of experiments and studies, including research proposal development, sample size determination, randomization procedures, and plans for interim reviews and final analysis.
- Provide data analyses for Cancer Center projects using appropriate statistical, bioinformatics and computing methodologies and assist in the interpretation and presentation of results.
- Provide statistics and bioinformatics sections of research proposals and manuscripts.
- Review the integrity and statistical soundness of all studies involving human subjects, in conjunction with the Research Review Committee.
- Collaborate with the Protocol Office in the development of protocols and monitoring and reporting of clinical data.
- Maintain a library of up-to-date statistics and bioinformatics software.
- When appropriate, develop specialized biostatistics and bioinformatics methods needed to support specific cancer center projects.
Electronic Request for Service The preferred method to obtain biostatistics and bioinformatics support is to use our short electronic request form at http://research.fccc.edu/facilities/biostat (internal access only).More
Population Studies Facility
The Population Studies Facility (PSF) supports research conducted by peer-review funded investigators at Fox Chase by providing them access to a team of skilled information systems professionals.More