Michael J. Hall, MD, MS
Office Phone: 215-728-2861
• Hereditary cancer risk for gastrointestinal cancers
• Lynch syndrome, microsatellite instability, polyposis syndromes, DNA repair
• Genetic and genomic testing in cancer patients
• Communication of genetic risk information to patients and physicians
• Health disparities related to genetic and genomic testing
• Genetic basis of cancer, especially cancer in young adults
Fox Chase Programs
- Hall MJ. Conflicted Confidence: Academic Oncologists' Views on Multiplex Pharmacogenomic Testing. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Mar 24.
- Hall MJ, Manne SL, Winkel G, Chung DS, Weinberg DS, Meropol NJ. Effects of a decision support intervention on decisional conflict associated with microsatellite instability testing. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011;20(2):249-54.
- Hall MJ, Ruth K, Giri VN. Predictors of compliance with age-appropriate colorectal cancer screening in men enrolled in a prostate cancer screening program. Cancer 2012 Jan 15;118(2):478-84.
- Hall MJ, Manne SL, Myers RE, Keenan EM, Balshem AM, Weinberg DS. Association of knowledge and race to gene environment risk assessment (GERA) testing for colorectal cancer Genome Med 2012;4(11):92 [epub ahead of print] PMID: 23194586.
- Matro JM, Ruth KJ, Wong YN, McCully KC, Rybak CM, Meropol NJ, Hall MJ. Cost-sharing and hereditary cancer risk: predictors of willingness-to-pay for genetic testing. J Genet Couns. 2014 May 6.
- Hall MJ, Herda MM, Handorf EA, Rybak CC, Keleher CA, Siemon M, Daly MB. Direct access to universal mismatch repair (MMR) screening results for Lynch syndrome (LS) via electronic personal health record (ePHR):A feasibility study.Genet Med. 2014 May 1.
- Bradbury AR, Patrick-Miller L, Long J, Stopfer J, Forman A, Rybak C, Mattie K, ChungW, Churpek J, Clark-Farengo D, Daly M, Digiovanni L, Fetzer D, Ganschow P, Grana G, Gulden C, Hall MJ, Kohler L, Lorenz R, Maxwell K, Merrill S, Montgomery S, Nathanson K, Nielsen S, Olopade O, Rainey K, Seelaus C, Domchek S. Development of a tiered and binned counseling model for informed consent in the era of multiplex testing for cancer susceptibility Genet Med. 2014 Oct 9.
- Hall MJ, Forman AD, Pilarski R, Wiesner G, Giri VN. Gene panel testing for inherited cancer risk. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2014 Sep;12(9):1339-1346.
- Boland, PM, Ruth K, Matro JM, Rainey KL, Fang CY, Wong YN, Daly MB, Hall, MJ. Genetic counselors’ (GC) knowledge, awareness, and understanding of clinical next-generation sequencing (NGS) genomic testing. Clinical Genetics 2015.
- Hall MJ, Forman AD, Montgomery SV, Rainey KL, Daly MB. Understanding patient and provider perceptions and expectations of genomic medicine. J Surg Oncol 2014.
- Hall MJ, Innocent J, Rybak CM, Veloski C, Scott WJ, Wu H, Ridge JA, Hoffman JP, Borghaei H, Turaka A, Daly MB. Case Report: Bilateral granulosa cell carcinoma: A novel malignant manifestation of MEN1 syndrome associated with a rare intronic deletion. Appl Clin Gen 2014.
- Meyer JE, Cohen SJ, Ruth KJ, Sigurdson E, Hall MJ. Young age increases risk of lymph node positivity in early stage rectal cancer. (Accepted Sept 2015, JNCI).
- Nicolas E, Arora S, Zhou Y, Serebriiskii IG, Andrake MD, Handorf ED, Bodian DL, Vockley JG, Dunbrack RL, Ross EA, Hall MJ, Golemis EA, Giri VN, Daly MB. Systematic evaluation of underlying defects in DNA repair as an approach to case-only assessment of familial prostate cancer. (Accepted Sept 2015, Oncotarget NIHMSID # 722094).
- Arora S, Yan H, Cho I, Fan HY, Luo B, Gai X, Bodian DL, Vockley JG, Zhou Y, Handorf E, Egleston B, Andrake M, Nicolas E, Serebriiskii IG, Yen TJ, Hall MJ, Golemis EA, Enders GH. Genetic Variants That Presdispose to DNA Double-strand Breaks in Lymphocytes from a Subset of Patients With Familial Colorectal Carcinomas. Gastroenterology. 2015 Sep 4. pii: S0016-5085(15)01259-7. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2015.08.052. [Epub ahead of print].
- Guindalini RS, Win AK, Gulden C, Lindor NM, Newcomb PA, Haile RW, Raymond V, Stoffel E, Hall MJ, Llor X, Ukaegbu CI, Solomon I, Weitzel J, Kalady M, Blanco A, Terdiman J, Shuttlesworth GA, Lynch PM, Hampel H, Lynch HT, Jenkins MA, Olopade OI, Kupfer SS. Mutation spectrum and risk of colorectal cancer in African American families with Lynch Syndrome. Gastroenterology. 2015 Aug 3. pii: S0016-5085(15)01084-7. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2015.07.052. [Epub ahead of print].