Topics in This Section
Leading Cancer Center Administrator/Scientist Richard I. Fisher, MD, To Join Fox Chase Cancer Center and Temple University School of Medicine
Fisher will become executive vice president, reporting directly to the president and CEO. He will also be physician-in-chief, responsible for overseeing and leading the seven clinical department chairs at the Center.
Read more »
Richard I. Fisher, MD
- President and CEO, Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Cancer Center Director
- Senior Associate Dean,
Temple University School of Medicine
At Fox Chase Cancer Center, Fisher is the President, Chief Executive Officer, and Cancer Center Director. At Temple University School of Medicine, Fisher is senior associate dean for cancer programs, reporting to the dean of the school of medicine.
J. Robert Beck, MD
- Senior Vice President
- Chief Academic Officer
- Chief Medical Officer
- H.O. West and J.R. Wike Chair in Cancer Research
Dr. J. Robert Beck supervises the Office of Academic Programs, the Office of Corporate Partnerships, and the Institutional Review Board, as well as a number of core research facilities and information technology. He also chairs the Center's long-term strategic space planning.
Mary B. Daly, MD, PhD, FACP
- Chair, Department of Clinical Genetics
- Timothy R. Talbot Jr. Chair in Cancer Research
One of Philadelphia Magazine's Top Doctors in Medical Oncology, Dr. Daly is Fox Chase's Chair of the Department of Clinical Genetics and the Timothy R. Talbot Jr. Chair in Cancer Research.
Paul F. Engstrom, MD
- Acting Chairman, Medical Oncology
- Senior Vice President, Extramural Research Programs
- Chief Network Officer Emeritus, Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners
- The Samuel M.V. Hamilton Chair in Cancer Prevention
Dr. Engstrom, who joined Fox Chase in 1970, has devoted his professional and academic career to improving cancer prevention and early detection research and service.
Eric Horwitz, MD
- Chairman, Radiation Oncology
- Gerald E Hanks Endowed Chair in Radiation Oncology
Under Dr. Horwitz's direction, Fox Chase was the first in the northeastern United States to offer high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy implants to men with prostate cancer.
Rosaleen B. Parsons, MD
- Chair, Department of Diagnostic Imaging
Rosaleen B. Parsons, MD, has national recognition in the field of genitourinary radiology and has published manuscripts and authored chapters in the field. She has served on the editorial board for the Journal of Women’s Imaging and is a manuscript reviewer for Radiology, Radiographics, American Journal of Radiology and Acta Radiology.
Arthur S. Patchefsky, MD
- Chairman, Pathology
Dr. Patchefsky leads a team of senior-level consultants highly valued for their skills in the diagnosis of tumors and tumor-related conditions.
Robert G. Uzzo, MD, FACS
- Chairman, Department of Surgery
- Attending Surgeon, Urologic Oncology
- G. Willing "Wing" Pepper Chair in Cancer Research
Nationally known as a leader in the field of urologic oncology, Dr. Uzzo has made important clinical, scientific and educational contributions to the Department of Surgery.
David Weinberg, MD, MSc
- Chairman, Internal Medicine
- Audrey Weg Schaus and Geoffrey Alan Weg Chair in Medical Science
Non-oncologists have an increasing role in quality care for cancer patients. The Department of Internal Medicine includes doctors experienced in gastroenterology, dermatology, internal medicine and pulmonology.