Libro de Oraciones
Recognizing the need for spiritual support as part of total patient care, the main objective of the Pastoral Care Service is to foster a compassionate presence, provide spiritual and emotional support and encourage hope.
Commitment to Compassion, Hope and Healing
Barbara Klimowicz and Alexander Hud, the Oncology Staff Chaplains, are available to visit patients in the hospital and the outpatient areas on a regular basis and upon request. They provide spiritual and emotional support, with a particular sensitivity and respect for one’s personal values and beliefs.
Scope of Service:
- Serves as a liaison between the hospital and outside interfaith clergy, who are available to visit those patients from their own faith backgrounds upon request. For more information, please see the Fox Chase Ministerium of Churches.
- Provides special holiday prayer services for patients, families and staff.
- Maintains a Spiritual Resource Library [PDF] with musical and video selections for inpatients. In addition, a diverse selection of inspirational videos [PDF] in the “Spirituality” category is available on the hospital TV Instant Healthline Educational Video-On-Demand system. These programs can be accessed from any of the patient's phones by simply dialing 8586 and following the voice prompts and menus.
- Sustains a close relationship with dedicated young men and women, who participate in joint fund raising efforts that directly benefit patient comfort care. More on Crusade for Care.
- A Chapel (Quiet Room), is available to patients, families, and staff for prayer and meditation.
The Pastoral Care office is located on the third floor next to the Surgical Family Lounge and can be reached by calling 215-728-2944